Energy Production and Marketing
Jon Hansen began his OPPD career in 1983 as an engineer in the Production Operations Division. He was named supervisor of Peaking Plant Operations in April 1995 and supervisor of North Omaha Station Operations in October 1996. He was manager of North Omaha Station from 2002 to 2006, when he was named division manager of Production Operations.
Mr. Hansen was promoted to vice president in March 2010 and oversees the Production Operations, Production Engineering & Technical Support, Energy Marketing & Trading, and Fuels divisions. In 2012, Mr. Hansen assumed the role to provide Board interface and operational oversight to the Fort Calhoun Station.
Mr. Hansen’s local and industry affiliations include:
- Rocky Mountain Electrical League (RMEL) Board of Directors
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Power Division, past Chair of Plant Operations Committee, as well as the ASME-Nebraska
- ASME Executive Board of Directors (1999-2003)
- Omaha Street School Board President
- Board of the Fontenelle Nature Association
Mr. Hansen has been involved with the Boy Scouts of America and Big Brothers – Big Sisters of the Midlands.
Mr. Hansen holds a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and an executive master’s degree in business administration from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He and his wife, Beth, have four children.
To contact Jon T. Hansen, please use our Contact Board Members and Senior Managers form or call 402-636-3200.
Back to Senior Managers page