OPPD's 13-county service area offers a multitude of transportation advantages:
- Interstate 29 parallels the services area and the Missouri River by running north/south through Iowa and Missouri.
- Interstate 29 is accessible at several points throughout the service area (Blair, Omaha, Plattsmouth, Nebraska City, Auburn and Rulo).
- If access to markets on either the East or West Coasts is what your business needs, the United States main thoroughfare, Interstate 80, bisects the OPPD service area by running through the Omaha metropolitan area.
- There are many sites throughout the service area offering access to Union Pacific and Burlington Northern Santa Fe.
- OPPD's private rail line, Arbor Rail Line, offers competitive access to any rail carrier. The line runs east to west from Nebraska City to Lincoln. The line interchanges with Union Pacific on the east (Nebraska City) and BNSF on the west (Lincoln).
- Air freight services are available at Eppley Airfield in Omaha and the Lincoln Municipal Airport.
- Eppley Airfiled offers over 200 flights per day through nine national and eight regional carriers.
View the list of links for Economic Development