For businesses that wish to install geothermal heat pump systems, OPPD conducts geothermal conductivity testing, which shows how the soil transfers heat. Thermal conductivity testing helps prevent uncertainty in surrounding soil properties and avoid undersizing of geothermal loop heat exchangers.
- Calculates the number and depth of wells needed
- Assures the correct sizing of the geothermal loop heat exchanger (GLHE)
- Improves the efficiency of the GLHE
- More accurately measures pre-construction costs
- Reduces change orders as the system has more accurate design
- Ensures the most economical installation of the geothermal heat pump system
Please call (402) 636-3536.
View the list of links for the Commercial Heat Pump Program
View the list of links for Business Customers Products and Services