Lighting Incentive Program
Receive incentives and reduce operating costs.
OPPD offers another good reason to upgrade your lighting to a more efficient system – money. We'll help pay to retrofit or replace inefficient lighting systems.
- Energy and cost savings--lighting is 30 to 40 percent of most commercial buildings' energy consumption
- Reduces carbon foot print while helping improve overall ENERGY STAR score
- Lighting and color rendering impact employee performance and customer satisfaction
- Rebates may cover up to $40,000 of retrofit/replacement costs
- Attractive simple paybacks with OPPD incentives
- May qualify for federal tax deduction of up to $.60 per square foot
- Most lighting upgrades qualify for a Nebraska Energy Office low-interest loan of 2.5 to 5.0 percent.
Many answers to questions regarding the Lighting Incentive Program may be found in the FAQs, or email LightingIncentiveProgram@oppd.com.
If you are a contractor and would like approval to work on lighting projects, review the requirements and available training.
- Select an approved Lighting Trade Ally to complete an audit and provide a retrofit/replacement proposal
- Download Lighting Incentive Application, and W-9 for person or company receiving the incentive and submit to OPPD for pre-approval
- Review Terms and Conditions and incentive reference sheet
- Receive project approval from OPPD via email
- Complete lighting retrofit/replacement project
- Submit itemized trade ally invoice to OPPD within 30 days of project completion
- Receive incentive check
Choose a Lighting Trade Ally
Lighting Trade Allies are contractors that have been approved by OPPD to work on lighting incentive projects. These companies have completed OPPD training and will provide lighting audits and proposals at no cost or obligation. They will also complete all documentation needed for the incentive.
Custom Incentives are available for many lighting projects. If you are considering a lighting retrofit that isn’t listed on the incentive reference sheet you may still qualify for a custom incentive. Contact your Lighting Trade Ally directly to be sure.