RTU Controller Incentive Program
Increase your RTU's efficiency and save.
OPPD now offers incentives for retrofits added to existing RTUs by a qualified Trade Ally.
- New technology added to RTUs increases energy efficiency 28% to 68%
- 40% average demand reduction
- Up to 70% reduction in system cycling
- Maintains occupant comfort
- RTUs must be 20 tons or less and properly maintained
- A 3-year maintenance agreement on each RTU is required
- Must partner with an RTU Trade Ally
- Must be an OPPD business customer with an account in good standing
Many answers to questions regarding the RTU Incentive Program may be found in the RTU FAQs, or email RTUIncentives@oppd.com.
If you are a contractor and would like approval to work on RTU projects, review the requirements and available training.
- Select an approved RTU Trade Ally to complete an RTU audit and proposal at no cost or obligation
- Download RTU Incentive Application, and W-9 for person or company receiving the incentive and submit to OPPD for pre-approval
- Review Terms and Conditions
- Receive project approval from OPPD via email
- Complete RTU device installation within 90 days of approval
- Submit itemized trade ally invoice to OPPD within 30 days of project completion
- Receive incentive check
Choose an RTU Trade Ally
RTU Trade Allies are contractors that have been approved by OPPD to work on RTU incentive projects. These companies have completed OPPD training and will provide RTU audits and proposals at no cost or obligation. They will also complete all documentation needed for the incentive.