Lighting Rebate Program
Receive rebates and reduce operating costs.
OPPD offers another good reason to upgrade your lighting to a more efficient system – money. We'll help pay to retrofit or replace inefficient lighting systems.
2017 Business Rebate Dollars: $1,533,000
Remaining Budget Dollars Available: $568,673
Updated Nov. 1, 2017
- Energy and cost savings--lighting is 30 to 40 percent of most commercial buildings' energy consumption
- Reduces carbon foot print while helping improve overall ENERGY STAR score
- Lighting and color rendering impact employee performance and customer satisfaction
- Rebates may cover up to $40,000 of retrofit/replacement costs
- Attractive simple paybacks with OPPD rebates
- May qualify for federal tax deduction of up to $.60 per square foot
- Most lighting upgrades qualify for a Nebraska Energy Office low-interest loan of 2.5 to 5.0 percent.
Many answers to questions regarding the lighting rebate program may be found in the FAQs, or email BusinessRebates@oppd.com.
If you are a contractor and would like approval to work on lighting projects, review the requirements and available training.
- Select an approved Trade Ally to complete an audit and provide a retrofit/replacement proposal
- Trade Ally will download Lighting Rebate Application, complete it and submit to OPPD for pre-approval
- Review Terms and Conditions and rebate reference sheet
- Receive project approval from OPPD via email
- Complete lighting retrofit/replacement project
- Submit itemized trade ally invoice to OPPD within 30 days of project completion
- Receive rebate check
Choose a Lighting Trade Ally
Trade Allies are contractors that have been approved by OPPD to work on lighting incentive projects. These companies have completed OPPD training and will provide lighting audits and proposals at no cost or obligation. They will also complete all documentation needed for the incentive.
Custom Incentives are available for many lighting projects. If you are considering a lighting retrofit that isn’t listed on the rebate reference sheet you may still qualify for a custom incentive. Contact your Lighting Trade Ally directly to be sure.