The monthly committee and board meetings for the Omaha Public Power District Board of Directors were streamed live once again, today, at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. respectively, on oppd.com.
Monthly board meetings have been streamed live since September 2015, but January marked the first time a regular board committee meeting also was streamed live. The changes are part of the board’s ongoing efforts to make meetings more accessible to the public. This push also led to both meetings being consolidated into one day, as well as a later board meeting time of 4 p.m.
At today’s monthly board meeting, directors approved a resolution that authorizes the district to negotiate and award a contract for the control systems upgrade of Sarpy County Station Units 4 and 5.
This equipment is necessary for the continued use, reliability and availability of the peaking units at this station. Peaking units run only when there is a high demand for electricity.
In other action, directors:
- Approved a resolution amendment to clarify that spent-fuel management costs are included in OPPD’s Nuclear Regulatory Commission required obligations. The original resolution, adopted last June, authorized ceasing operations at Fort Calhoun Station, as well as the approval of associated regulatory accounting treatments.
- Accepted the monitoring report for Board Policy: Strategic Directive-3, relating to access to credit markets. Acceptance means the board finds the district to be in compliance with the goals previously set forth for the utility.
- Accepted revisions to Governance Policy-15, relating to nuclear oversight.
- Accepted revisions to Governance Policy-6, relating to the role of the board officers.
- Authorized revisions to the Standing Committee Charters and concurrence of Standing Committee assignments.
Next month’s board committee meeting will be held at 10 a.m., March 16. The monthly board meeting will be held the same day at 4 p.m. Both meetings will take place at Energy Plaza, 444 So. 16th St., Omaha. In addition, both meetings will continue to be streamed live at oppd.com.