Careers in Energy
Careers in Energy is an annual event sponsored by the Center for Energy Workforce Development meant to highlight the different careers found in the energy industry. This event is held in October each year to connect middle and high school students to educational institutions and energy companies that highlight energy-related work.
Energy and Educational Partners:
- Nebraska Energy Workforce Consortium
- Nebraska Public Power District
- Metropolitan Utilities District
- Lincoln Electric System
- Northwest Energy
- Southeast Community College
- Metropolitan Community College
- Doane University
- University of Nebraska
- Lincoln College of Engineering
- Northeast Community College
Invite an OPPD expert to talk to your class about the energy industry, green initiatives, and career opportunities. Contact the speakers bureau to schedule.
- Mock Interviews: OPPD conducts mock interviews with high school and college students. We provide positive feedback to students to encourage their growth and give them confidence when they enter the workforce.
- Resumé Critique: OPPD human resource professionals critique student resumés to help them communicate their talents and best market themselves. They give students insight on what skills employers are looking for in each particular field.
- Internships & Co-ops: Positions are posted on university Web sites, as well as oppd.com. If we are not currently posting jobs on your Web site, let our recruiters know by filling out the form under “Contact Us.”
- Career Fairs: OPPD recruiters travel to universities across the country. Check out our career fair schedule and see if we are coming to your school. If you don’t see it on the schedule, let us know so we can line something up with you.