Preparing for Crew Arrival
You've reported your power outage. While waiting for OPPD to arrive, here are some things you can do to get ready.
- Stay away from downed power lines. Always assume they are live.
- Unlock gates. OPPD needs access to your yard to work on electrical equipment.
- Leash pets or move them inside your house.
- Provide a clear path for OPPD trucks to get to electrical equipment.
Find information online, including outages in your area.
Download the OPPDconnect app, through which you can
- Report future outages
- Report streetlight outages
- Find other information about OPPD
You can help prevent a power outage
There are things you can do to prevent outages, or help OPPD restore power quickly and safely.
• Know the guidelines and landscape around padmount transformers properly.
• Plant the right trees, and trim regularly to help keep lines clear and safe from falling limbs.