Residential Surge Guard
Triple protection for $6.99/month.
OPPD’s Residential Surge Guard Protection can prevent damage to your electronic equipment, and it's backed by a $50,000 repair or replacement warranty.
While large surges can cause catastrophic damage, small surges can create minor damage that may go unnoticed, but still shorten the life of your valuable equipment. Power surges pose a greater threat to electronic equipment than most homeowners realize. Surges are sudden rises of voltage in electrical circuits, lasting only a few microseconds.
- Surges may be caused by high winds, animal interference, broken tree limbs, traffic accidents involving utility poles, etc.
- Surges can enter through telephone and cable lines.
- Surge strips are not a substitute. They are designed to handle only a few items and may not resist repeated or high-voltage surges. Also, according to leading consumer magazines, surge strips must be replaced every few years.
OPPD’s Residential Surge Guard Protection offers more effective protection that’s able to withstand repeated surges. And it’s backed by a $50,000 repair or replacement warranty.
Surge Guard Features
- Protection for ALL your electronic equipment: computers, stereos, TVs, phones, garage door openers, furnace, air conditioner and appliances (even hard-wired ones).
- Triple protection against electrical surges at your home’s wired entryways: electrical meter, phone box and cable box.
- $50,000 repair or replacement Terms & Conditions.
- You do not need to be home for installation.
- No extra bills: monthly fee is added to your OPPD statement.
- Cost: $6.99 a month basic service with $20 standard installation fee. Additional charge for installations that require an electrician.
- Still have questions? The Residential Surge Guard FAQ may have the answer.
If you have questions, call OPPD at 402-536-4131 or you may email email@example.com.
Also Available: Commercial Surge Guard
Power surges at your business can short-circuit productivity and profits. OPPD’s Commercial Surge Guard Program is designed specifically for businesses, and starts at $9.95/month.