Smart is as smart does.
Switching to a smart thermostat is smart indeed, filled with benefits and savings:
- Reduce your energy bill by up to 25%. These smart devices can analyze your usage patterns, provide energy consumption reports and offer suggestions for energy-saving adjustments.
- Control the thermostat remotely through an app, which means you can adjust the temperature while away, ensuring a comfortable temperature upon your return.
- Smart indeed, many devices have learning algorithms that adapt to your schedule and temperature preferences over time. They can analyze data and make automatic adjustments to optimize comfort and save energy.
- Money in the bank! When you enroll your smart thermostat with OPPD, you'll receive $75+ in bill credits. Plus, an additional $20 bill credit every year you participate.
Here's how to start saving:
- Enroll a qualified smart thermostat via your thermostat app or online
- Get a one-time $75 bill credit after enrollment plus an additional $20 bill credit, in September, every year you participate.
- OPPD will manage your A/C through your smart thermostat, up to 15 week days per year, during peak energy times to help reduce load and keep energy costs low.
- During an event, after precooling for an hour, your thermostat adjusts the set temperature up to an additional 1 to 3 degrees. Your thermostat management tool will ensure the room temperature is back to your desired setting after the event has concluded.
Thermostat Manufacturer Partners
Our program supports a wide range of smart thermostats to fit a variety of lifestyles and budgets.
Eligible thermostats must have Wi-Fi capability and must be connected to OPPD through your smart thermostat app. How it works:
- Before each event, you'll receive a proactive notification on your thermostat and app.
- Events will occur up to 15 days per year, between May and October, excluding holidays.
- Events will occur only on weekdays between 12 p.m. and 9 p.m. and last no longer than 4 hours.
- Only one event per day, and there will never be more than three events in a week.
- Your smart thermostat may automatically adjust temperatures before and during an event to balance comfort and energy savings. If it gets too warm, you can manually adjust the temperature at any time.
To be eligible to participate in OPPD's Smart Thermostat Program, you must:
- Have an eligible smart thermostat model that is continuously connected to Wi-Fi.
- Have and maintain a working central air conditioner, heat pump or geothermal system.
- Have an active account with a qualified thermostat manufacturer and have the thermostat linked to that account.
- Not be active in our Cool Smart program. Email customer service or call 402-536-4131 to cancel enrollment in Cool Smart prior to enrolling in the Smart Thermostat Program.
- Agree to the program terms and conditions
- Remain enrolled for 12 months or risk forfeit of credits