Ready To Give Your Home An Efficiency Boost?
If your home was built in 2003 or prior, locate a contractor to make energy-efficient material upgrades with OPPD’s Weatherization Rebates Program. Plus, you enjoy some great incentives in the process!
To ensure your weatherization project meets program criteria, professional expertise is essential. Qualified contractors are necessary to guarantee the required R-Value or window U-Factor in your weatherization projects.
UNLOCK THE BENEFITS
Energy Efficient Solutions and Savings
- Upgrade your home with modern energy-efficient windows and experience significant savings by minimizing energy loss.
- Boost efficiency with attic insulation, enjoy a cozy home and lower energy bills.
- Receive incentives for window replacement costs and attic insulation solutions.
- Experience long-term savings without feeling weighed down, whether it’s through double- or triple-pane window replacement or improving insulation with the right R-value.
OPPD – Your Sustainable Partner
- Partner with OPPD for home insulation and energy-efficient window rebates.
- Make savings simple, sustainable and all about you—reducing energy use, cutting emissions and contributing to a greener world through home weatherization.
- $.25 per sq. foot (up to $500 total)
- Minimum R-Value of R49
- One rebate per address every 15 years
- $75 per window (up to $1,000 total)
- Minimum U-Factor of 0.27
- Up to $1,000 per address every 15 years
Here's how to submit your rebate:
- Contact a professional for expert weatherization and upgrade services – keep your contractor’s invoice handy!
- You will submit your receipt and rebate application via our online portal.
- Once approved, you’ll receive a check in the mail within 60 days.
Contractor invoices must include:
- For Insulation: R-Value and square feet installed
- For Windows: U-Factor and number of windows installed
The power to save is yours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Attic insulation and window upgrades play a pivotal role in energy efficiency. Proper attic insulation can save up to 20% on heating and cooling costs. Simultaneously, energy-efficient windows may reduce energy loss by 25-30%.
Improved insulation ensures a consistent indoor temperature, resulting in decreased energy consumption. This, in turn, cuts utility bills significantly. These upgrades not only save money but also positively impact the environment. Reduced energy waste helps lower carbon emissions.
To ensure the required energy efficiency standards, weatherization projects must be installed by a qualified contractor offering these services. Professional expertise is necessary for us to verify that the installation meets the rebate criteria.
A single window with a U-Value of 0.27 or less qualifies for a $75 rebate. If multiple windows are installed, each with a U-Value of 0.27 or less, they will also qualify for a $75 rebate per window, up to a maximum of $1,000. The window U-Value must be clearly indicated on your sales receipt or contractor’s invoice.
The weatherization program, which commenced on November 28, 2023, establishes that only weatherization project rebates submitted after this launch date will be considered. Applications for work carried out before November 28, 2023, will not be accepted. Additionally, rebates must be claimed within 90 days from the purchase date listed on the sales receipt or contractor’s invoice.
Each premise address is eligible for up to $1,000 in rebates for energy-efficient window upgrades every 15 years. Additionally, every premise address qualifies for a weatherization rebate for attic insulation once every 15 years.
The current projects have been prioritized to maximize immediate and impactful energy efficiency. OPPD is continually evaluating and planning to introduce rebates for a broader range of weatherization projects in the future, aiming to encompass a more comprehensive array of energy-saving opportunities.
This video will walk you through filling out the application step by step.