Serving 2021-2027 Term
Sara Howard was elected to the OPPD Board in 2020 to serve a 2021 to 2027 term. She previously served two terms in the Nebraska Legislature, representing District 9 in Midtown Omaha. While in the Unicameral, Howard served as Chair of the Health and Human Services Committee.
In addition, she has served several community and professional organizations, including:
- Omaha Public Schools Foundation
- Advisory Board, New Leaders Council Omaha
- Steering Committee Co-Chair, Bowhay Institute for Legislative Leadership Development for Council of State Governments
- Executive Committee, Midwestern Legislative Conference
- Advisory Board, Child Health Research Institute
- Co-Chair, 2019 Heat the Streets Run/Walk for Warmth
- Advisory Board, United States Global Leadership Coalition
- Executive Committee, National Conference of State Legislatures
Ms. Howard has also participated in several leadership programs, including American Council for Young Political Leaders (Ethiopia and Kenya, 2019), Leadership Nebraska (2018), Women in Government (2018). Henry Toll Fellowship - Council of State Governments (2016), Bowhay Institute for Legislative Leadership - Council of State Governments (2013), Great Plains Public Health Leadership Institute - UNMC (2012)
Her awards include:
- Council of State Governments 20 Under 40, 2020
- Ten Outstanding Young Omahans, 2019
- National Conference of State Legislatures Women Making a Difference in Politics, 2018
- Midlands Business Journal 40 Under 40, 2014
Howard attended Smith College where she earned her bachelor’s degree and graduate degree from Loyola University Chicago School of Law. She and her husband, Doug, live in Midtown Omaha with their two cats Waffles and Murray.
To contact Sara Howard, please use our Contact Board Members and Executive Leadership Team form or call 531-226-3515, to speak with the corporate secretary, who will forward messages to Board members.