Be smart, stay cool & save
The OPPD Cool Smart Program is an easy way to reduce your energy use and your electricity bill. Here’s how it works:
- OPPD attaches a free small device to your home’s exterior near your AC or heat pump.
- The device runs your AC or heat pump in 15-minute intervals during peak energy use times (maximum of 2.5 hours).
- Sign up and get a one-time $50 bill credit and an additional $20 credit every year you participate.
To be eligible to participate in the Cool Smart Program, you must:
- Have a working central air conditioner or heat pump
- Own a single-family home
- Be willing to have a free outdoor device attached to your home on the siding or brick nearest your AC unit or heat pump. This will require the use of hardware, such as screws or nails.
- Not be already enrolled in OPPD's Thermostat Program. Email customer service or call 402-536-4131 to cancel enrollment in the Thermostat Program prior to enrolling in Cool Smart.
- Still have questions? The Cool Smart FAQ may have the answer.
Many answers to questions regarding OPPD's Cool Smart program may be found in the FAQs, or you may email email@example.com or call 402-536-4131.