Redefining leadership for both individuals and at the business they represent.
OPPD is committed to creating localized solutions surrounding diversity, equity and inclusion needs in the workplace as well as the community.
LeadDIVERSITY is a program of Inclusive Communities in partnership with OPPD, Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce and The Business Ethics Alliance. This year long program is designed to build a network of leaders dedicated to creating localized solutions to inclusion and diversity and opportunities in Nebraska. During this program, leaders will engage in topics that will leave them well versed and experienced in anticipating diversity and inclusion needs in the workplace as well as the community.
The goals of this program are to deliver skills to cross-sectional professionals and community leaders; create a pathway for sustainable diverse leadership; and improve business outcomes with increased effectiveness and innovation.
Each session is designed to help participants explore the concept of diversity leadership and to analyze its personal, workplace, and community impact. Sessions include discussion of topics such as identity, privilege, institutional inequities, discrimination, ethical leadership, and creating inclusion.
Why Participate in LeadDIVERSITY?
Participants (also called advocates) gain:
- A greater awareness of personal identity as well as the impact of internal and external dynamics
- An expanded knowledge of local experts, organizations, and resources
- A tool kit for addressing issues of diversity in personal and professional settings
- An ability to be an advocate for diversity and inclusion
- An increased pool of involved and educated DE&I leaders.
- Employees with an increased understanding of the connection between inclusion and organizational success.
- Employees with enhanced organizational leadership skills and a vision for the future.