We want to help you and others in the community reduce your energy use, save more on your monthly bills and make your home more comfortable for you and your family. That’s why we’ve created the Energy Efficiency Assistance Program, to help provide assistance for qualiﬁed energy efﬁciency projects in your home.
At no cost to you, this program could help you:
• Pay less on your monthly utility bills
• Receive up to $2,000 in home improvements to make your home more energy-efﬁcient
• Learn effective energy-saving tips that will continue to help you save money
• Create a more comfortable home for you and your family
How the Program Works
Once you’ve applied for the program and are considered eligible, you will receive a home energy efﬁciency kit. After that, the process is simple:
1. First, we start by doing an in-home energy assessment of your home, in order to identify opportunities for energy efﬁciency upgrades. The home audit takes approximately 3-4 hours to complete and provides an in-depth review of your homes energy usage.
2. Next, we determine whether or not your home qualiﬁes for up to $2,000 in improvements.
From there, our program contractors, Habitat for Humanity of Omaha and Southeast Nebraska Community Action Partnership (SENCA), will implement the upgrades so you can quickly reduce your energy use and start seeing savings on your monthly bills.
There are only two requirements to be eligible for the Energy Efﬁciency Assistance Program:
1. Your household income must be less than 200% of the federal poverty level.
2. You must own your home and it must be in the OPPD service territory.
How to Apply
To apply for this program, fill out the form below. Or, ﬁnd your county below and make one phone call. We’ll do everything else.
If you live in Douglas, Saunders, Dodge, Washington, Burt or Colfax Counties, contact:
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha (HFHO)
1701 N 24th St, Omaha, NE 68110
If you live in Sarpy, Cass, Otoe, Johnson, Nemaha, Pawnee or Richardson Counties, contact:
Southeast Nebraska Community Action Partnership (SENCA)
802 Fourth Street, Humboldt, NE 68376